Sunday, September 8, 2013

Rant #4: A really touchy subject.

     Here is the follow up to the post where I mentioned it would have a longer follow up.
I would like to start by saying that I apologize ahead for the horrible organization and all that good stuff. I’m very jittery and will change topics often. Most will be touchy subjects. You’ve been warned. But it was brought on by a picture I saw earlier on the Being Liberal page (I liked it so it would stop recommending it) and the comments on it. Here ->


      Secondly, this is my rant over my opinions about… well we’ll see where it goes. Don’t get offended. I’ll probably touch on a few stereotypes, if you’re part of a group I mention and don’t belong to the stereotype, well then good for you. This isn’t made to offend. Okey doke. How do I start this? Well I’ll start with me rewriting (because that’ll make it better and worse. and a whole Hell of a lot longer.) my comment on the picture. and then we’ll see where it takes us…. This isn’t like my normal rants. I apologize. But I’ll probably end up arguing both sides.

First topic: Abortion. (see touchy subject right? I’ll state here that in no way do I support abortion. At all. But it’s your choice you have to live with. Not mine. So it’s your business not mine.)

   When it comes to the topic of abortion the first things you hear from the people against it are “You shouldn’t be having sex if you’re not ready for a child.” Firstly, while some of you may have a right to say that half of you probably weren’t married when you had a kid, weren’t ready when you had a kid, and started having sex before you were ready. I’m not judging, you’re human. What else can you expect. Everyone makes mistakes.
   Then we see the “It’s what adoption is for.” Yes, adoption is good. But think of it. Foster homes, adoption centers, and such things are packed because of all the children that have to be given up. Have you heard the reports on some of the foster homes? While yes, there are a lot of good ones there are also a lot of horrible ones full of people just in it for the money. “The laws and codes have gotten better.” yeah yeah yeah. Hush. We’re just finding out about kids who have been kidnapped for 18 years living next door to everyday people. Law enforcement still needs work. It’ll be perfect nor catch everyone who needs to be caught. No offense.
   Next we have “Some people can’t have kids. It’s not fair that you’ll give up a kid and prevent others from having kids.” *See above, adoptions* Not everyone gets an abortion right now. And there will always be tons of people who won’t because of religious/moral views.
   Anyway, “Why should our tax dollars go to paying for the killing of unborn children?” You pay for the food, and water of people who have murdered and tortured innocent people. It’s messed up. Very much so. But so is everything. Plus I really don’t see why I should have to pay tax dollars toward courts and law enforcement and all that stuff. I shouldn’t have to pay just because you need someone to catch the guy that robbed you on the side of the street. Not my fault you can’t protect yourself now is it? See what kind of sense does that make….
    Then there’s the (Really touchy subject coming up, read with an open mind or stop reading.) “It’s wrong.” According to what? Religion.  Not everyone follows your religion and not everyone ever will. There’s a fantastic reasoning behind ‘The separation of Church and State’ Not everyone goes to church. Not everyone has a religion and not every religion is the same. If it was the world would be a much more peaceful place wouldn’t it? Anyway, just because you don’t think something is right doesn’t mean you should be allowed to take away that choice for everyone else does it? If that was the case… Okay don’t know enough about religions to have a valid point here. I was going to say ‘Atheists would take away religion, *STEREOTYPE WARNING* Christians (stressing the take no offense. Not all Christians are like this, but we can all admit there are some. and I’m not judging. their choice not mine.) would take away… well everything.’ those are the only ones I know about. So I can’t really have a valid point on this one. But I’ll do my research and rant about religion next Sunday, on my blog.  Anyway where was I? Oh yes, the abortion topic. So, yeah. My point is. Just because you and a lot of others believe something is wrong doesn’t mean you should get to decide that for everyone. Because just as many if not more people may believe it’s right. Or that it should be their choice to chose not yours. Look at the Amish. They don’t use electricity, they don’t demand that everyone shouldn’t. They don’t judge those who use it. Hek, they even allow their children to go out into the world and check things out before they choose to live the Amish life. Yet a lot people accuse their children of ‘going off the path’ or ‘going towards Satan’ if they even have friends of a different religion. But here I am ranting about religion way to early, and getting off topic. I’ll stop now. Anyway lets argue the supporters of abortion.
   Okay, the supporting side is more difficult because not many supporters voice it… over the internet that is. But I guess the main one is “What if a female is raped?” There’s really nothing to argue about that though. I mean you can argue both sides, but at the end of the day, she’s just been traumatized her. Are you really going to tell her that she has to be made fun of in school or church or anywhere for nine months while she carries a child by the worse kind of person? And she’ll have to live with it forever. ‘oh she had a kid when she was _ _’ ‘She gave her child up for adoption, she should have kept her legs closed’ You can think of a thousand more. Are you really going to tell her that she has to go through that? Because you don’t think it’s right for her (Most people will want to skip this part) kill an unborn, child that can’t feel, can’t think, and will never know what’s happening, while she will feel the sting of every insult laid upon her?  That just seems a bit messed up to me. I can’t think of any other arguments for the supporting side, but I think that one will work just fine. While it may seem that I am condoning it, I’m not. But in some circumstances it is understandable. But if you don’t fit the circumstances it’s still your choice. Not mine. So do what you will.
   Topic 2: Animal abuse. (yes, I did just connect these to. and some of you may want to skip this part entirely.)
    I find it a bit messed up that people will fight for unborn, unfeeling, unthinking, unbreathing member of a race with a population of over 7 billion until the end of their lives but when acted about animal rights ‘I don’t care. Animals aren’t people’. No but people are animals. I’ve already touched on this subject before so I’ll just wrap this up real quick. Humans can kill any animal that steps into their territory for ‘fear of their safety’ when it may be simply looking for food to support itself and family but if we go into an animal's habitat and approach it and it’s baby with some foreign object like a camera and it attacks us it’s savage and we will kill it for protecting itself and family. That’s a bit messed up also.

No comments:

Post a Comment